Saturday, July 2, 2011

Swoon

As I sit and ponder on the great things of this life, I often think about men and how they make me swoon. There are just certain things about those who possess a Y chromosome that make me want to go weak at the knees and fall into a pair of loving (and preferably strong) arms.

Ladies of the world, you cannot deny that suit coats and sweat shirts are incredibly attractive. No, not together--don't be silly. I have paired the two because they are attractive for the same reason. Something about a man wearing one of the aforementioned items of clothing ignites this desire to lay my head on his shoulder--preferably while he wraps his arm around me and whispers sweet nothings into my ear.

While we are on the topic of clothing, I may as well throw out that the rolling of dress shirt sleeves and the wearing of glasses are definitely a plus in most situations.

I adore a good smile. The kind that spreads all the way up into the eyes, nay, the kind that envelops the entire face. Take, for example, Dennis Quaid.

Photo Credit
I am also partial to the chefs of the world. I am a firm believer of the idea that a man who learns how to cook is really just learning how to open the door to love.

Speaking of opening doors, a man who is respectful and chivalrous is sure to put himself in good standing as far as my affections are concerned. I can't help it, something warm and fuzzy flutters in my soul when a man takes care of me--even if it is something so simple as offering his seat or catching me when I stumble.

Men and children. Oh, my heart just skipped a beat. Actually, my heart just skipped a beat with every point that proceeded this (except, maybe not the chef one--my heart only skipped half a beat there), so maybe my heart just skipped two beats? Two whole beats--in a row! This is getting to be very dangerous business, what with the swooning and the heartbeat skipping and the weakening knees. It's a mighty good thing that any man that puts me into this kind of peril will also be there to care for me through it all--somehow the tradeoff is worth it. Just the same, I do so adore it when men are darling with the little ones.

Determination plus responsibility. Add in self-confidence, but slight hesitation. A little nerdiness and an understanding of the world around him. Recognition that he needs to take the initiative, but not do everything. 90-10. Now this is a good combination.

Well, these are my deep ponderings on the world, and my dreams about someday being in love. It is likely that I will return and add to this list of things that make me swoon, but for now, this will have to suffice.

5 comments:

  1. If I was going to marry a man that was 30 years older than me, Dennis Quaid would be that man. Because, let's face it. I've been in love with him since the first time I saw "Undercover Blues" when I was like five years old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bronwen, that's weird. You were five. When I was five, I was drawing pictures of Christopher Belote and myself getting married, kissing, and saying, "I do." But then, I guess that's weird too--mostly because our lips were bigger than our heads. And, in the end, I've fallen in love with the man too. Which means that I just have two weird things to my name instead of one. Okay, okay, you win. You're less weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of swooning here, but I must say I agree with pretty much everything you said. As a side note, I also think Dennis Quaid is quite an attractive man for his age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wow wow. Lots of weirdness going on here. Suffice it to say, this made me grin from ear to literal ear. Actually, let me tell you a little story. So, once upon a time, I was looking at the blogs that Miriam followed and I saw one titled 'What are men to rocks and mountains,' and my head started doing summersaults and throwing pinatas and confetti and my hands started bouncing around in an excited manner and my voice started saying such things as "who in the heck is legit enough to have a blog with that name? I don't care who it is, I'm following them!" And then my fingers clicked on the little URL and whala I knew the wonderful weirdies who's blog this is. Oh joy, oh rapture, oh bliss. So, I unite with all women who declare as one, "What are men (aside from beautiful animated and pleasantly sculpted) to rocks and mountains?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't usually go for older man and I know this sounds cliche but if I were to marry an older man, that would be George Clooney. He's so handsome, so so handsome, and has that old school gentleman look.

    ReplyDelete